Paburo hunt embattled
Humans, Claymores, Yoma, awakened beings, Abyss Feeders, Destroyer, Hellcats, Dragons' Descendents
Organization, Creatures of the Abyss, Holy City of Rabona, Dragons' allies
Reporting to the Organization.
- Sword chart: speed versus strength of attack
- Yoma power chart: power and mental control needed for abilities and techniques
Branches of warEdit
- Baseline ↓
- Yoma power—demonic power
- Agility—quickness, speed and maneuverability
- Strength—muscular strength and extension (shapeshifting)
- Class (Type and ability) ↓
Baseline, type, ability, techniqueEdit
Type, ability and technique derive from six baselines, rated by the Organization from A to E (fail).
Baselines influence a warrior's personality, innate ability and invention of technique. An especially high rating on one baseline alone can result in a notable technique, despite weaknesses in other areas.
For example, Noel rates A+ for agility, though only C for strength. Her combined baselines create an offensive type personality. Her innate ability is Agile Speed Attack. Her invented technique is High Fluid Movement.
Noel: Agility A+ (plus other baselines) = Offensive type = Agile Speed Attack = High Fluid Movement.
Once a technique is established, it can be learned by others using different baselines, personality and ability. Examples are:
- Undine's strength baseline replaced with Deneve's agility (Twin Sword)
- Jean's mental baseline replaced with Helen's strength (Drill Sword)
- Ilena's mental baseline replaced with Clare's sensing (Quicksword)
Tankōbon Claymore volumes cited are VIZ Media (en-us) editions, unless otherwise noted. Manga scenes (chapters) not yet translated cite Shueisha tankōbon (ja) editions. Manga scenes not yet published in tankōbon form cite Jump SQ (ja) editions. Fragments of Silver Omnibus (総集編 銀の断章 Gin no Danshou) 1–3, Shueisha, are only available in Japanese. Anime scenes (episodes) cited are FUNimation (en-us) editions, unless otherwise noted.