Tabitha, tankōbon 20 front fold
VIZ Media name
Manga: survives the Battle of the North, deserts Organization, 7-year timeskip
Organization, Ghosts, Holy City of Rabona
Unknown type: unknown ability
I think the proper path is....
The original Japanese Claymore name, タバサ, transliterates from "Tabitha," deriving from "gazelle" in Aramaic. Allusion in Claymore unknown. Used as an English-language name since the English Reformation.
Dark Silver EyeEdit
The nickname "Dark Silver Eye" is not found in the Claymore manga, "Yoma War Record" or anime. This nickname appeared in the Wikipedia article on Claymore characters in 2007 (edit now removed). Oft-repeated on reference sites, forums and in fan-fiction.
Subdued. Emotionally attached to Miria. In Chaldean Numerology, the number 31—Tabitha's number—reduces to 4, the sign of youth. A "4" is fated to have an immature and sometime dependent personality. Compare to Miata and Yuma.
Unknown type. Tabitha being a defensive type is fanfiction and forum speculation. Having no Organization datasheet in the "Yoma War Record," her ability and baselines are unknown. Appears to have a high sensing baseline.
Early life unknown.
Battle of the NorthEdit
Manga and anime diverge here.
Tabitha appears in Yuma's flashback. In the banquet hall of the Eastern Inn, Miria holds a meeting with the battle group. She tells everyone to take a half dose of suppressant. If rendered unconscious during combat, a warrior will radiate no aura, making her appear dead to both the Northern Army and Organization.
Tabitha at inn
Later, the Northern Army invades Pieta. After losing three members, versus five Claymore warriors, the Northern Army retreats. Rigaldo sequence similar to manga.
Tabitha last appears helping an injured Miria during the inn lobby scene. Tabitha is put in charge, along with Cynthia, of the wounded.
Tabitha is one of seven "Ghosts" who desert Organization. Hiding in the mountains, they train with Yoma powerless techniques. Miria serves as captain.
Meanwhile, in a deserted village, Clare finds evidence that Raki may still be alive. Back at the cavern hideout, she announces her intent to go south. Miria tests Clare's fighting ability. Satisfied, Miria says she will accompany Clare. But everyone decides to go en masse.
Miria tells everyone to take care of personal business before the last fight with the Organization. Clare travels west to Lautrec—with Cynthia and Yuma—to find Raki. Helen goes south to Mucha with Deneve.
After Miria's failed attempt to destroy the Organization, awakened beings and Yoma invade Rabona. Tabitha, Galatea, Clarice and Miata attempt ot defend the city with the human guards. The arrival of the Ghosts finally defeats the invasion. The resembled Ghosts repel the invasion.
Ghosts decide en masse to rescue Miria, anyway. Along the way, the Ghosts save Anastasia's hunt. But at a juncture, Deneve lets Tabitha decide which path to take. Tabitha chooses to destroy a Yoma-making facility over Miria, believing that would have been Miria's own choice.
Yoma power hidden, Tabitha succeeds in approaching Hysteria, then clipping her wings. But when the others close in, Hysteria instantly retreats to earth. The warriors are left crossing each others swords.
Suddenly, Hysteria flies skyward, destroying Deneve's left arm, then Nike's right. High above the suspended warriors, Hysteria fires something—it carves out the side of Dietrich's abdomen. Only Anastasia, Helen and Tabitha remain uninjured.
End of OrganizationEdit
After the deaths of Hysteria and Roxanne, Miria, Deneve and Helen invade the Executive facility.
Meanwhile, Tabitha helps regenerate the wounded on the battlefield. Soon Miria announces the death of Limt.
After the Ghosts return to Rabona, they and the Rabona guards combat two awakeneds that land in the city.
Miria and Clare dodge Tapeworm awakened's attack. Tapeworm bristles with dozens of armless torsos, each identical—only one contains the vital organs, according to Tabitha. But the situation is complicated by the awakened's Yoma aura spread evenly among the torsos.
Miria and Clare race to find the vital core. Tabitha observes Miria and Clare reaching the last and vital torso.
Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare fight the awakened Cassandra. Elsewhere in the hills, Cynthia, Tabitha and Yuma collectively synchronize their Yoma power with Cassandra, a technique that has parallels with Yoma Energy Alignment and Control and Yoma power harmonization. The goal is breaking the spell that Priscilla has over Cassandra's mind. And preventing the two from merging.
They fail to synchronize with Cassandra. But despite this crisis, they become even more concerned about the mysterious, yet familiar aura that Helen noticed earlier.
Tankōbon Claymore volumes cited are VIZ Media (en-us) editions, unless otherwise noted. Manga scenes (chapters) not yet translated cite Shueisha tankōbon (ja) editions. Manga scenes not yet published in tankōbon form cite Jump SQ (ja) editions. Fragments of Silver Omnibus (総集編 銀の断章 Gin no Danshou) 1–3, Shueisha, are only available in Japanese. Anime scenes (episodes) cited are FUNimation (en-us) editions, unless otherwise noted.
- ↑ Claymore 9, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Claymore 9, Ediciones Glénat España, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Claymore 9, Glénat Édition Française, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Claymore 9, Star Comics, Scene 51, p. 168
- ↑ Claymore 9, Daewon CI, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Claymore 9, Comix-ART, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Claymore 9, Culturecom, Scene 51, p. 173
- ↑ Claymore 9, Ever Glory, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Claymore 9, Shueisha, Scene 51, p. 172
- ↑ Fragments of Silver Omnibus 3, "Yoma War Record III," p. 731
- ↑ Animesuki Claymore forum, 6 September 2007
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 78, p. 23
- ↑ Jump SQ, September 2012, Claymore, Scene 129, pp. 629–631
- ↑ Fragments of Silver Omnibus 3, "Yoma War Record III," p. 731
- ↑ Claymore 12, Scene 68, p. 152
- ↑ Claymore 17, Scene 90, pp. 10–11
- ↑ Claymore 9, Scene 51, p. 172; Claymore, Anime Scene 18
- ↑ Claymore 10, Scene 54, p. 89; Claymore, Anime Scene 19
- ↑ Claymore 12, Scene 66, pp. 83–87
- ↑ Claymore 12, Scene 66, pp. 93–94
- ↑ Claymore, Anime Scene 20
- ↑ Claymore, Anime Scene 21
- ↑ Claymore, Anime Scene 24
- ↑ Claymore 12, Scene 65, p. 74
- ↑ Claymore 12, Scene 66, p. 75
- ↑ Claymore 12, Scene 67, pp. 132–133
- ↑ Claymore 14, Scene 77, pp. 125
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 77, p. 23
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 79–Scene 80, pp. 52–77
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 82, p. 154
- ↑ Claymore 17, Scene 90, p. 9
- ↑ Claymore 17, Scene 90, p. 19
- ↑ Claymore 19, Scene 106, pp. 128–129
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 108, p. 21–24
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 108, pp. 33–37
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 109, pp. 52–54
- ↑ Claymore, Scene 111, p. 122
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 112, p. 157
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 113, p. 167
- ↑ Jump SQ, January 2012,Claymore, Scene 121, p. 205
- ↑ Jump SQ, February 2012, Claymore, Scene 122, p. 621
- ↑ Jump SQ, February 2012, Claymore, Scene 122, p. 624–627
- ↑ Jump SQ, February 2012, Claymore, Scene 122, pp. 632–633
- ↑ Jump SQ, February 2012, Claymore, Scene 122, p. 634
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, p. 258–261
- ↑ Jump SQ, November 2012, Claymore, Scene 131, pp. 378–380
- ↑ Jump SQ, November 2012, Claymore, Scene 131, pp. 382–389
- ↑ Jump SQ, January 2013, Claymore, Scene 133, pp. 771–772
- ↑ Jump SQ, January 2013, Claymore, Scene 133, p. 775